1/24/2009

my sweet granny.....

To sum up, I know her as the sweetest lady on earth. She was a brave fighter and that is how I wish to remember her as.. She loved life and wanted to live as happily as ever with her family. She did not like anybody around her to be sad and neither was she sad. In fact, any cinemas / dramas with sad scenes would be forwarded or the channel changed. Through my mom, I came to know about all the tough times she faced in her life and the steps she took to overcome it... 

Now, she is no more. She passed away on September 17,2008 9:25pm at GKNM in Cbe. How I wish I just stood near her along with my family just holding her hand and speaking soothing words to her, telling her that she would come out of it soon and we can be happy after this battle. I hated myself for going home just hours before she breathed her last @ d hospital. She fought till her last breath and she wanted to live. In her last days she suffered so much that none of us could sit near her for more than a few minutes without crying. I cannot understand how God can be so indifferent!!

This is Santha's grand daughter. And I am writing this as a dedication to my lovely grand mother. My grandma suffered from paralysis for almost a year.. When doctors gave up on her in Chennai, our whole family gave her the courage to overcome her stroke, and we made her take the journey to CBE on January,2008. Inspite of the numerous problems she went through, she wanted to live. She never gave up her struggle till the very end as she started walking with the help of a walker during the month of August..We were so confident that she would live. Finally one fine day...she collapsed again, and then we knew...she would/could not recover.. We were counting her last days. Though we knew of a possiblity of death, we all believed that she would win with our support. It is still hard to believe that she is no more.

When I read about this happenning to other people, I feel sad, maybe shed a few tears and move on. But, when something like this happens in my own family, I cannot explain the grief and sorrow that runs through my family. 

Love you Santha paati..May your sould RIP...

2 comments:

Maddy said...

Happen to visit your post through another. I am sure unga paattiyoda anbum aasiyum ungalukku eppavum irukkum.

Srividhya said...

s dear.. tho am not her own gran child.. ve had the blessin of knowin her for many yrs............ such a sweet soul......... she s nvr known to hav uttered a harsh word..... u kno ? she came in my dream on her 13th day ceremony..........