1/15/2009

GOlden Globe Awards...jackpot for Slum Dog Millionaire...

Shah Rukh Khan, Bollywood’s biggest film star and recently named by Newsweek as one of the 50 most powerful people in the world (the only film star on the list),was a presenter at “The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards”.

He joins previously announced presenters Simon Baker, Drew Barrymore, Pierce Brosnan, Sandra Bullock, Gerard Butler, Glenn Close, Sacha Baron Cohen, Sean Combs, Johnny Depp, Cameron Diaz, David Duchovny, Aaron Eckhart, Zac Efron, Laurence Fishburne, Megan Fox, Ricky Gervais, Jake Gyllenhaal, Salma Hayek, The Jonas Brothers, Jessica Lange, Blake Lively, Eva Longoria, Jennifer Lopez, Hayden Panettiere, Chris Pine, Amy Poehler, Zachary Quinto, Seth Rogen, Martin Scorsese, Sting and Mark Wahlberg.

Steven Spielberg will receive this year’s Cecil B. DeMille Award from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for his “outstanding contribution to the entertainment field.”

Slum Dog Millionaire won 4 awards @ the GGA for... Best Motion Picture Drama, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best original score...
Music director A.R. Rahman,is the first Indian to win the prestigious Golden Globe award for original music score for “Slumdog Millionaire”.

“I am very happy about the honour. I dedicate it to my country which nourished me” said Rahman. To those who kept hinting at the Oscars as the next stop for Rahman, he indicated that he was not aiming at anything. “Everyday is a new day and brings challenges,” he said in his usual self-deprecating mode.

In an interview to The Hindu on Thursday evening at his residence, Mr. Rahman said: “I thought that I should get it for India! It was worrying me that if I don’t get it, I will be letting down millions of people. So when I got it, I was very happy.” He said. “Of course, this is a kind of recognition, but there are larger issues in life. But the foundation to all this or my vision is to eradicate poverty. This is a helping point for that.”

“The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards” took place on Sunday, January 11, 2009 at The Beverly Hilton. Jorge Camara is President of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Orly Adelson, president of dcp and Barry Adelman will executive produce. Chris Donovan is the director and dcp's Bob Bardo is the executive in charge of production.

No comments: