1/24/2009

its been a beautiful 6 months here...

I had to travel to USA... not as a pleasure trip..but in search of a new career.. and d beauty which lifted me to touch d clouds.. AIRFRANCE...
It was around 10pm i left Chennai on d 8th of August 2008 with a heavy heart.. N much worse..with heavy fever... it was a total mess... didn't inform most of my frnz that i am leaving them for a solid 2 yrs or so !!!

In the airport.. thanks to my cousin..i was atleast trying to stay put.. Then everything changed.. D minute they asked us to board the plane..The service was not bad... and it was no frill airline. My first look at the aircraft and I thought to myself "It looks like a toy!!". Well, to be more precise, this is what I thought "It looks like a bus with wings".. n so is called d airbus...

Anyways, the flight was just about 20 hours...Of which I hardly slept 7 hours..
Not cause of the fear of flight... but coz of my illness... of which the window seat was a blessing in disguise.. :P took a look @ God's creation and man's destructions...
The flight was smoother than my experiences with domestic flights in India..and I understood that's what International rates are about.. :P... A change of airbus at Charles de Guille, France.. Missed seeing the Eiffel Tower... But the airport in France was amazing..
The landing was nervous.. Especially when our flight had to dash through a few clouds to get thro to the Dulles airport in WAS DC.. I had the feeling of all my precious lunch(a slice of dried bread, so called pasta, and some vanilla yogurt) being taken apart... Finally... dream come true... M in US...

But wait... d most important part of my stay for d next 2 yrs rests on this... IMMIGRATION... oh..wat a handsome guy @ d counter.. hope he is impressed with me..n guarantees my stay.. :P
No complaints... No comments.. I came here for my MS.. was all that I had to say... b4 he stamped(with official seal) all my forms... n assured me of my stay in US...
At customs.. an african-american...Do you carry any food stuffs... ??? I had to say... "No..".. what a lie... but it was what he needed and there was no wastage.

N this is the end of my flight to USA... M here...happy n njoyin life...
To my parents and my brother, without whom this dream would ve never come true.. I dedicate this post...

No comments: